Looking for good books, thought-provoking discussion, and friendly people? St. Thomas Public Library has that! All are welcome to attend the St. Thomas Public Library Adult Book Club. The Book Club is friendly group of people with an interest in reading and discussing good books and they’d like you to join them. The Book Club typically meets at 10:00 a.m. on the first Tuesday of the month. All members read the selected title each month, then discuss the book. The host for that day gives a summary of the author’s life and/or career to begin the discussion. There’s no sign-up fee or registration required. For more information on the book club, visit the library’s website, or call the Adult Department at 519-631-6050.
The Adult Book Club announces the book line-up for the 2011-2012 season!
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne, 2006 (215 pages)
- Room by Emma Donoghue, 2010 (321 pages)
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, 2010 (369 pages)
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1937 (317 pages)
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, 2005 (258 pages)
- Hetty Dorval by Ethel Wilson, 1947 (132 pages)
- Cool Water by Dianne Warren, 2010 (328 pages)
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, 2008 (325 pages)
- Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda, 2010 (346 pages)
- Small Island by Andrea Levy, 2004 (441 pages)
Additional copies of the Book Club books are available in the Adult Department of St. Thomas Public Library, Elgin Mall location. Please check the website or call the Adult Department at 519-631-6050 for meeting locations.
We want to hear from you! How does the line-up look? Have you read any of these titles yet? Are you already a member of the Adult Book Club and are looking forward to the new season? Are you not yet involved in the Book Club, but are interested in joining? Please post a comment or question here. We would love to hear (er, read) what you have to say!