The Friends of the St. Thomas Public Library are creating a book – and they want YOUR submissions!
The still-currently-unnamed publication will be a collection of works by St. Thomas residents, for St. Thomas residents. We want to showcase your talent!
The book itself will act as a fundraiser for the Friends of the Library, which is a registered non-profit organization, comprised of dedicated volunteers who help raise funds for the library and promote the library as a cultural institution in the community. They have raised approximately $250,000 for St. Thomas Public Library since they were incorporated in 1994.
Are you a poet? Do you love writing? If so – this is for you!
- There is no “theme” – chose your topic and let your words flow!
- Every piece submitted must include your name and address, and the title of the work.
- Multiple submissions are welcome! (to a maximum of 3 prose and / or poetry submissions)
- 750 word limit
- Don’t worry – the author retains copyright
- Electronic submissions only, in Microsoft Word
- Please send submissions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: midnight July 31st, 2016
Participants will be advised if their submission have been selected by August 31, 2016.
Selections for publication will be made by the Friends of the Library Board. The decision of the Friends Board is final.
Free copies of the finished publication will not be provided. All copies will be sold (approximately $25 each), proceeds to the Friends of St. Thomas Public Library.
Questions or comments about this exciting project? Please email us at email@example.com!